Monday 23 May 2011

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS

The 'Free Hugs' movement was inspired by the desire of Juan Mann (pseudonym understood by saying it aloud!) to bring love to his brothers and sisters by performing 'random acts of kindness'.  His own loneliness at the time brought an empathetic wish to ease the possible loneliness of others.


Interestingly, when I first spotted the chaps offering free hugs in Trafalgar Square in London, I felt a little bit hesitant. All my trust and intimacy issues raised their wary heads.  What, a hug from a STRANGER?  I'm not too sure ....




It is possible that this dear man was feeling the same.  But he went ahead and did it anyway.  And so did this one.




The chap in the background looks a bit bemused by the whole thing!  But the word RANDOM speaks volumes, I think.  It implies that kindness is being offered totally unconditionally.  No conditions whatsoever.  That certainly made me consider this: am I kind only when it is easy?  Do my conditioned ideas about justice and morality make me hold back sometimes?


Here is a link to a video about random acts of kindness.

  http://humanityhealing.net/2009/05/random-acts-of-kindness/

I hope you enjoy it.  Oh, and here is a quote from the Dalai Lama's Twitter:


"The aim of spiritual practice is to become the friend of all beings, concerned about them and ready and able to help them."


@


Offical website:  www.cherylcordery.co.uk
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/No-3-Photography
Twitter: @

No comments:

Post a Comment