Monday 9 May 2011

Free Hugs


Hugs, dispensed free to the crowds milling and wandering in Trafalgar Square on a busy Saturday in May!  I still cannot stop smiling.  Intimacy and trust, free!  Full body embrace from a total stranger, free!  Just gorgeous.   Bearing in mind that physical touch, and the very act of smiling, produce 'feel-good' chemicals in our bodies (endorphins, I think), I do believe those beautiful men were administering really good medicine!   I am still humming and I am overjoyed that I had my camera with me.  What a sublime message for a humanity searching for meaning.  One really does not have to embrace any particular creed or dogma to see that the message of unity can come in the simplest ways.   


                  
                  
                                            
                                               
                  


And here are some pictures to prove that love is contagious.










Never under-estimate the power of love!  It is not an emotion - it's power, and as Teilhard de Chardin said, 

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."


No comments:

Post a Comment